H3RALD.com was created in 2004 by Fabio Cevasco, a system architect, technical writer, programmer and IT enthusiast. It features over a hundred articles covering a wide range of topics, from programming to writing, productivity and traveling.
As of version 8, H3RALD.com is a completely static web site, except for a few AJAX calls. All the files are generated automatically thanks to the nanoc publishing system, an ingenious creation of Denis Defreyne. Nanoc can be used to easily create static web sites using Ruby, as explained in this article.
The following ruby libraries (gems) are used to compile this web site:
- nanoc, to generate the entire web site
- Extlib, in some custom Rake tasks
- BB-Ruby, for BBCode support
- Builder, to create RSS and ATOM feeds
- Less, for the SASS filter
- RedCloth, for Textile support
- RDiscount, for Markdown support
- Glyph, for Glyph support